December 24, 2009
Another 11 million new images have been added to TinEye. Our current image count is now up to 1,231,331,254. Happy holidays TinEyers!
December 22, 2009
22 million new images have been added to TinEye. That brings our current image count to 1,220,407,169.
December 09, 2009
w00t! 32 million new images have been added to TinEye. That brings our current image count to 1,197,882,904.
December 01, 2009
Nominate TinEye for a Crunchie!
November 24, 2009
Yet another image update. Nearly 16.5 million more images have been added to TinEye. The current image count is now 1,165,883,509.
November 23, 2009
Over 6 million more images have been added to TinEye. The current image count is now 1,149,435,642.
November 18, 2009
Launched the TinEye Forums. Join the forum and let us know what you think!
TinEye login is now HTTP secure.
November 05, 2009
Released update for TinEye Firefox plugin; now compatible with FF 3.6.
October 30, 2009
Nearly 5 million more images have been added to TinEye. The current image count is now 1,143,177,077.
October 23, 2009
Nearly 6.5 million more images have been added to TinEye. The current image count is now 1,138,247,507. Enjoy!
October 19, 2009
We've added another 5 million+ new images to TinEye. Our image count is now 1,131,800,322!
October 14, 2009
We've added over 5 million new images to TinEye. Our image count is now 1,126,711,830.
September 28, 2009
We've added over 12 million new images to TinEye in the last few weeks. Our image count is now 1,121,525,514.
August 19, 2009
Nearly 14 million new web images have been added to TinEye over the last few weeks. We are up to 1,109,463,092 images!
July 29, 2009
Introducing the TinEye Commercial API. Details and FAQ available here.
July 10, 2009
The TinEye image index is expanding! We have spent a significant amount of time refining our crawling and with our new crawling techniques we've grown by roughly 2-3 million images per week over the past weeks. We are now working on scaling this growth. We've also changed the image count on your results page so that it is easier to watch this growth over time. Instead of rounding to the nearest 10 million images it now rounds to the nearest 100 thousand.
May 12, 2009
- We've added a 'Share' button to TinEye, making it easy to share interesting search results with others via Digg, Facebook, email, your blog and much more.
- The Firefox plugin for TinEye has been updated to work with version 3.5b4.
April 01, 2009
Big News! TinEye acquires Google Images.
March 02, 2009
- Introduced some UI changes to the TinEye search results page. Pagination buttons have been moved from the far-right to the center of the page. Sort option has been moved from the far-right to the far-left of the page.
- Added to the main search page a very brief description of what TinEye does.
February 19, 2009
Released Firefox plugin version 0.6, which now works with Firefox 3.1b2
February 12, 2009
- Introduced 'Link to this search', an easy way to share TinEye search results with friends. You must be registered and have history enabled to use permalinks. Why?
- Updated the TinEye FAQ.
- Eliminated the need for cookies when using TinEye anonymously. However cookies must be enabled to log in to TinEye.
February 05, 2009
- Removed log in requirement for TinEye! Registration is now optional, and offers some extra features.
- Updated the TinEye FAQ.
- Revised the TinEye bookmarklet info page for clarity.
- Introduced ads. Poor TinEye has to eat!
- Introduced automatic discard of search images after one hour.
- Updated the TinEye plugin for Firefox to version 0.5. This update includes a bug fix where if text is highlighted with a background image beneath it, the plugin is not activated.
- Updated the TinEye Terms of Service.
January 06, 2009
Introduced TinEye History. Visit your History page to see all of your past TinEye search images, including the date, time and number of results for each search. Click on an image if you wish to search for it again. Note: The History page shows searches made as of January 6th, 2009. History is enabled for each user by default, however you have the option to disable this feature from your Profile page.