Location: Toronto | Apply now
We are growing and looking for a System Administrator to join our team.
As a System Administrator you are used to working with Linux compute clusters, servers and
databases. You thrive in a startup environment and enjoy being part of a fast paced problem
solving oriented team. You analyse problems carefully and have solid testing practices. You are
not afraid of fire fighting, and know how to use a firehose!
Your Perl, Python and shell scripting skills are solid. You are a hardware enthusiast and have
a strong sense of ownership.
In this role you must be able to handle remote troubleshooting and on-call support. You will
work closely with our Senior System Administrator and report to our CTO.
- Support our development team and our image search products
- Be involved in every facet of managing our clusters of onsite and co-located servers in
- Assist with hardware selection, testing, purchasing and roll out
- Work hands-on with installing, replacing and troubleshooting a variety of server hardware
- Work primarily with Linux, and sometimes Windows and OSX, handling system administration,
configuration and troubleshooting
- Configure and build server systems from components
- Handle installation, upgrade and tuning of server OS (Ubuntu, SuSE, Debian and CentOS)
- Configure and support all networking, including our VPN
You need to have:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
(a degree is not a requirement)
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Sharp analytical abilities and meticulous attention to detail
- Sense of ownership and drive
- Troubleshooting experience
- Desire to learn new technical skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated fanatical passion for your work
- Experience with cluster management/monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios and Ganglia)
What you can expect working at TinEye
- You will be solving interesting and difficult technical challenges. Every day. OK, maybe not
- You will be able to see your work deployed in production environments and powering
implementations for large enterprise clients.
- You will work within a small development team alongside the scrappy co-founders.
- Your voice will be heard and you will be able to provide input in everything we undertake.
We believe great ideas can come from our entire team.
- And did we mention a fully stocked kitchen and fridge, daily breakfast, free parking,
ping pong table, a garden, and awesome downtown offices? And a maker space – should you,
like us, be interested in tinkering with hardware.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a
cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and past projects to
and include "System Administrator" in the subject line.
Links to past projects or personal projects are very welcome.
We do not use placement agencies for any of our openings.