Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Toronto | Apply now
We are growing and looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our talented team.
As part of our development team you will:
- Build scalable APIs for existing products and products in development
- Work with designers to build front-end systems for TinEye's image recognition services
- Develop server-side tools and client-side interfaces and libraries
- Architect and deploy new infrastructures to support our image recognition products and services
- Distribute processing with automatic fail-over
- Migrate from prototypes to robust production systems
You are easy to work with, enthusiastic and write excellent code - code that is clean, well
structured and commented. You are excited by working on large scale products that require
attention to detail and exceptional performance.
We are infectiously obsessed with image search. We value ingenuity, hard work and problem
solving over pedigree. We expect every single member of our team to ship and solve challenging
technical problems daily - well, perhaps not daily, but very often.
HTML5, CSS3 (Less), and web-based UI development
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sphinx experience a plus)
- Some experience with Linux, Mercurial/Git, Apache/Nginx
- Ability to write clean, well-structured, commented code and documentation
- Experience deploying scalable software
- A track record of getting things done and the ability to wear many hats
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people
What you can expect working at TinEye
- You will be solving interesting and difficult technical challenges. Every day.
OK, maybe not every day.
- You will be able to see your code deployed in production environments and powering some of
our largest enterprise client implementations.
- You will work within a small development team alongside the scrappy co-founders.
- Your voice will be heard and you will be able to provide input in everything we undertake.
We believe great ideas can come from our entire team.
- And did we mention a fully stocked kitchen and fridge, daily breakfast, free parking,
ping pong table, a garden, and awesome downtown offices? And a maker space –
should you, like us, be interested in tinkering with hardware.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a cover letter
highlighting relevant experience and past projects to
and include "Full Stack Software Engineer" in the subject line. Links to past projects or
personal projects are very welcome.
We do not use placement agencies for any of our openings.