Frontend Software Engineer
Location: Toronto | Apply now
- Please make sure you read the job description carefully. We love to hear from everyone,
but we don't have time to read irrelevant job applications.
- Make sure to include a cover letter with your application. Tell us about yourself,
why you think you are a good fit for this position and what would make you a good
addition to the TinEye team. We will not consider applications without a cover letter.
- To make everyone's life easier (and surely you want to be nice to your future colleagues!),
make sure that both your resume and cover letter are in PDF format.
- Include project links and any other information you would like us to consider.
We’re a smart, tight-knit team passionate about our purpose, and we’re looking for a
Frontend Engineer to join our team.
As part of our development team we need you to:
- Build scalable APIs for existing and under-development products.
- Work with designers to build front-end systems for TinEye's image recognition services.
- Develop server-side tools and client-side interfaces and libraries.
- Architect and deploy new infrastructures to support our image recognition products.
- Distribute processing with automatic fail-over.
- Migrate from prototypes to robust production systems.
You are easy to work with, enthusiastic and write excellent code — code that is clean,
well structured and commented. You are excited by working on large scale products that
require attention to detail and exceptional performance.
We're infectiously obsessed with image search. We value ingenuity, hard work and problem
solving over pedigree. We expect every single member of our team to ship and solve challenging
technical problems daily — well, perhaps not daily, but very often. We also believe that experience
comes in many shapes and forms, so if you think you have the human qualities that would make you
an awesome addition to our team, please go ahead and apply to start a conversation.
We would love you to have:
- Ability to write clean, well-structured, commented code and documentation.
- Experience deploying scalable software.
- A track record of getting things done and the ability to wear many hats.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people.
- Experience Using VCS (Git).
- Experience with at least one SPA framework/library [React / Vue / Angular] (Vue preferred).
- CI/CD (Gitlab preferred).
What you can expect working at TinEye:
- You will be solving interesting and complex technical challenges.
- You will be able to see your code deployed in production environments and
powering some of our largest enterprise client implementations.
- You will work within a small development team alongside the scrappy co-founders.
- Your voice will be heard and you will be able to provide input in everything we
undertake. We believe great ideas can come from our entire team.
- And did we mention a fully stocked kitchen and fridge, free parking, a garden,
and awesome downtown offices? And a maker space — should you, like us, be interested
in tinkering with hardware.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a
cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and past projects to
and include "Frontend Software Engineer" in the subject line.
Links to past projects or personal projects are very welcome.
We do not use placement agencies for any of our openings.