Location: Toronto | Apply now
- Please make sure you read the job description carefully. We love to hear from everyone,
but we're really looking for a DevOps Engineer for this position.
- Make sure to include a cover letter with your application. Tell us about yourself,
why you are a good fit for a DevOps position and what would make you a good addition
to the TinEye team. We will not consider applications without a cover letter.
- To make everyone's life easier (and surely you want to be nice to your future colleagues!),
make sure that both your resume and cover letter are in PDF format.
- Include project links and any other information you would like us to consider.
We’re a smart, tight-knit team passionate about our purpose, and we’re looking for a
DevOps Engineer to join our team.
As part of our development team we need you to:
- Design, deploy and maintain new infrastructure to support our image recognition products.
- Work on our own servers in our own data centers.
- Implement distributed processing with automatic fail-over.
- Maintain current running clusters.
- Migrate from prototypes to robust production systems.
- Configure monitoring, logging and analysis of data.
- Improve processes and set up best practices for development.
You are easy to work with, enthusiastic and write excellent code — code that is clean, well structured
and commented. You are excited by working on large-scale products that require attention to detail and
We're infectiously obsessed with image search. We value ingenuity, hard work and problem solving over
pedigree. We expect every team member to solve challenging technical problems daily — well, perhaps not
daily, but very often. We also believe that experience comes in many shapes and forms, so if you think
you have the human qualities that would make you an awesome addition to our team, please go ahead and
apply to start a conversation.
We would love you to have:
- Experience working with bare-metal deployments.
- Experience with direct cluster deployment and management.
- Experience with Docker containerization and Kubernetes or Nomad.
- Experience using VCS (Git).
- Experience with CI/CD automation (Gitlab or Github).
- Knowledge of configuration automation tools (Ansible/Puppet/Chef or other).
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch, Postgres, Consul, Ceph, Redis clusters.
- Strong background in Linux (Ubuntu, Debian).
- An ability to write clean, well-structured, commented code and documentation.
- Experience deploying scalable software.
- A track record of getting things done and the ability to wear many hats.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people.
What you can expect working at TinEye:
- You will be solving interesting and complex technical challenges.
- You will be able to see your code deployed in production environments
and powering some of our largest enterprise client implementations.
- You will work within a small development team alongside the scrappy co-founders.
- Your voice will be heard and you will be able to provide input in everything
we undertake. We believe great ideas can come from our entire team.
- And did we mention a fully stocked kitchen and fridge, free parking,
a garden, and awesome downtown offices? And a maker space — should you,
like us, be interested in tinkering with hardware.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a
cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and past projects to
and include "DevOps Engineer" in the subject line.
Links to past projects or personal projects are very welcome.
We do not use placement agencies for any of our openings.