Location: Toronto | Apply now
TinEye is an image search company. We’re experts in computer vision, pattern recognition,
neural networks and machine learning. Our mission is to make images searchable.
We have built a small, tight-knit and exceptional team based in Toronto. We deliver image
search and recognition solutions to the industries where searching images is mission-critical.
Today, TinEye's image recognition is used by millions of people and powers billions of searches
across a wide range of industries. We are privately owned, profitable and founder-led and we’re
looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team.
As part of our development team we need you to:
- Design, deploy and maintain new infrastructure to support our image recognition products.
- Work on our own servers in our own data centers.
- Implement distributed processing with automatic fail-over.
- Maintain current running clusters.
- Migrate from prototypes to robust production systems.
- Configure monitoring, logging and analysis of data.
- Improve processes and set up best practices for development.
We would love you to have:
- Experience working with bare-metal deployments.
- Experience with direct cluster deployment and management.
- Experience with Docker containerization and Kubernetes or Nomad.
- Experience using VCS (Git).
- Experience with CI/CD automation (Gitlab or Github).
- Knowledge of configuration automation tools (Ansible/Puppet/Chef or other).
- Knowledge of ElasticSearch, Postgres, Consul, Ceph, Redis clusters.
- Strong background in Linux (Ubuntu, Debian).
- An ability to write clean, well-structured, commented code and documentation.
- Experience deploying scalable software.
- A track record of getting things done and the ability to wear many hats.
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people.
What you can expect working at TinEye:
- You will be solving interesting and complex technical challenges.
- You will be able to see your code deployed in production environments
and powering some of our largest enterprise client implementations.
- You will work within a small development team alongside the scrappy co-founders.
- Your voice will be heard and you will be able to provide input in everything
we undertake. We believe great ideas can come from our entire team.
- And did we mention a fully stocked kitchen and fridge, free parking,
a garden, and awesome downtown offices? And a maker space — should you,
like us, be interested in tinkering with hardware.
We're infectiously obsessed with image search. We value ingenuity, hard work and
problem solving over pedigree. We expect every team member to solve challenging
technical problems daily. We also believe that experience comes in many shapes and forms,
so if you think you have the human qualities that would make you an awesome addition to our team,
please go ahead and apply to start a conversation.
How to apply
We want to get to know you! Please include a cover letter with your application telling us
about yourself, why you think you are a good fit for this position and why you’d make a good
addition to the TinEye team.
Make sure that both your resume and cover letter are in PDF format.
Include project links and any other information you would like us to consider.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a
cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and links to past or personal projects to
and include "DevOps Engineer" in the subject line.