Business Operations Administrator
Location: Toronto | Apply now
TinEye is an image search company. We’re experts in computer vision, pattern recognition,
neural networks and machine learning. Our mission is to make images searchable.
We have built a small, tight-knit and exceptional team based in Toronto. We deliver image
search and recognition solutions to the industries where searching images is mission-critical.
Today, TinEye's image recognition is used by millions of people and powers billions of searches
across a wide range of industries. We are privately owned, profitable and founder-led and we’re
looking for a Business Operations Administrator to join our team.
If you’re an exceptional problem solver, well-organized even when juggling many responsibilities,
communicative and have acute attention to detail, then we would like to hear from you.
This isn't a remote position. As our Administrator, you'll own our Toronto office's
inner workings and day-to-day operations, and you will report directly to our CEO.
We need you to:
- Answer emails, help with customer support and schedule demonstrations.
- Provide scheduling and logistical support to the leadership team.
- Support hiring by scheduling interviews and providing a great candidate experience.
- Maintain job postings and our recruitment pipeline across platforms.
- Provide human resources operations support.
- Schedule project sessions, organize follow up and assist on project deliverables as required.
- Manage ad hoc projects as needed to support the leadership team.
- Proactively problem-solve and create documents and procedures to improve efficiency of daily operations.
- Manage the equipment purchasing, working closely with specific departments to gather and submit orders,
track deliveries and invoices, maintain records and ensure timely payment.
- Provide financial operations support.
- Track billing issues and work cross-functionally to ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner for clients.
- Assist in the monthly accounting process as it pertains to billings, accounts receivable and revenue recognition.
We would love you to be:
- Positive, no BS, tenacious and details-driven.
- A doer, productivity virtuoso, typo slayer and research sleuth.
- A juggler: you keep all the balls up in the air! (Not actual balls. Just projects.)
- Effective, proactive, self-motivated and resourceful.
What you can expect working at TinEye:
- You will be solving interesting and complex client challenges.
- You will work within a small, hard-working team alongside the scrappy co-founders.
- You will be involved in a multitude of projects, never wearing the same hat.
- Your voice will be heard and you will be able to provide input in everything we undertake.
We believe great ideas can come from our entire team.
- Did we mention our fully stocked kitchen, downtown location, free parking, ping pong table,
garden and beer fridge? And, last but not least, our maker space — should you, like us,
be interested in tinkering with hardware.
- We value ingenuity, intellectual horsepower, hard work and problem solving over pedigree.
We're infectiously obsessed with image search. We value ingenuity, hard work and problem solving
over pedigree. We expect every team member to solve challenging technical problems daily. We also
believe that experience comes in many shapes and forms, so if you think you have the human qualities
that would make you an awesome addition to our team, please go ahead and apply to start a conversation.
How to apply
We want to get to know you! Please include a cover letter with your application telling us
about yourself, why you think you are a good fit for this position and why you’d make a good
addition to the TinEye team.
Make sure that both your resume and cover letter are in PDF format.
Include project links and any other information you would like us to consider.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a
cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and links to past or personal projects to
and include "Administrator" in the subject line.